Thursday, February 25, 2010

How Far Does Your Bail Bond Insurance Company Go For You?

It is Wednesday evening around 11:00 in the evening and I just got off the phone regarding a large bail bond approval with one of our bail agents. As I sit here now, I can’t help but think about what had just happened. An agent needed something and we were there to help them. I know it sounds simple, but the more I think about it, I can’t help but wonder why everyone in our industry does not take this same approach. In fact, just the other day I learned that several of our competitors don’t provide 24/7 agent support…even more shocking to me was that even fewer offer 24/7 transfer bond and large bond approval services. If a bail bond surety exists to support and service its agents than how do you put a limit on the hours you provide those services?

I am pleased to know that we have made it a point to be available to our agents when and where they need us. We know this is a business where the window of opportunity for writing a bond doesn’t follow a 9-5 schedule, and we know that our agents look to us to be available when they need us most.

Last week at the PBUS Convention in Las Vegas, AIA announced its “Behind the Paper” campaign. As you know from my previous blog posting, the thinking behind this campaign came from our team spending time talking with our bail bond agents and uncovering their needs, hot buttons and challenges. During this process we also gained insight into their expectations of us as their surety as well as sureties overall. Ultimately, what we learned was that there is no real defined expectation out there in the bail surety marketplace. That being said, we have taken it upon ourselves to set one. Furthermore, I have put the challenge out to each and every AIA employee to not only try to meet the expectations of our bail agents, but more importantly do whatever they can to exceed those expectations in every way…including holidays and weekends. I honestly believe that our transfer bond and large bond approval processes achieve that.

We know that this level of service provides a tremendous value to our agents and makes them look good to their customers. We are extremely proud of having the largest and only true nationwide transfer bail bond network in the country. In fact our bail bond network is so large, it is routine that other bail bond sureties will call to access our network when their agents need transfer bonds posted in jurisdictions where they lack coverage.

As you will probably hear me say many times, I am very proud of this company and its people and I believe that things like our transfer bond and large bail bond approval services are just another example of what is “Behind the Paper.”

No comments:

Post a Comment